Reflexology is a specific form of foot massage that aims to release blockages that prevent the body’s natural energy flow, helping to balance the body and stimulate its own healing mechanism. The result being better health, a more relaxed body and mind and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
Reflexology helps to relax the whole body thereby allowing the body to try to balance itself. It works on all the body’s systems as the feet and hands have all the reflexes relating to organs, glands, muscles etc. mapped out.
It works on the immune system; muscular system; circulatory system; nervous system; digestive system; skeletal system ; excretory system.
Reflexology can also help:
- Ease and tone muscular problems.
- Boost the circulatory system.
- Help the nervous system, either stimulate it or calm it, and can also encourage transmission of impulses/messages.
- Aid the digestive system, help to alleviate nausea, indigestion and other disorders.
- Strengthen bones by working skeletal reflexes.
- Help the excretory system, help kidneys to deal with toxins and to work more efficiently. It can help to alleviate both constipation and diarrhoea.